Under going huge changes the Amador County Courthouse and Jail stood on the same site at 108 Court Street in Jackson, CA from the mid-1800's until 2007 when the current Courthouse opened at its new location.
In the heat of the gold rush, the first 2-story wooden building rose in January 1855 and served until 1862 when it burned down. By late December, 1863, the county had erected a 2 story brick building on the same site. Needing additional space a building of similar design was constructed in 1893 next to the Courthouse, and identified as the Hall of Records. In time, the county gained more space by filling in the gap between the two buildings.
Click on photo for more info.